

Cameron is back on track weight wise! We saw the pediatrician last week and he was 11lbs 9oz and 23" they were very pleased. And so are we! He got another round of shots and we reviewed my standard laundry list of questions. All in all it was a good appointment for Cameron. We have not gotten official word, but unofficially Cameron should be covered by insurance to get Synagis starting in October to ward off a serious case of RSV.
We had our first Physical Therapy session on Friday, unfortunately Cameron got tired within 20 minutes, but we got a few things accomplished. Mostly focusing on trying to get Cameron to turn to his left side more. Faye our therapist even showed me how to use my yoga ball to do tummy time - I'll have to take a picture it's pretty funny to see this cute little guy on such a big ball. We then had Speech Therapy on Tuesday, and the therapist was very pleased with how Cameron is feeding, she wants me to try and exclusively breast feed again vs. supplementing with formula. We'll see, I feel as though I am attached to him 24/7 as it is...but they weighed him and he was 12lbs, so that is good. There was talk of me renting a scale to measure his intake after each feeding - sometimes I wonder if these people think I have all the time in the world and 8 sets of hands! But I really did like the speech therapist and she checked out some of Cameron's motor skills and was pretty impressed. So it felt really good to get some positive feedback. I feel like Cameron is really starting to thrive and I have to believe the shunt has something to do with it!
Today we had our follow up with Urology - we'll have another ultrasound of the kidney done next week along with some blood work. This way they will have a baseline to compare the kidney US done at 3 weeks of life - at which point there was some dialtion - a "Grade 2" on a scale of 4, so not terrible but there is some dialation, so we need to see where things stand now.
Next Wednesday will be a full day at Children's with the Kidney US, blood work and follow up with Dr. Alden - Matt and I will also celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary that day --- what a way to do it :) Although we'd have it no other way than to be with Cameron.
So that's the report for the last two weeks - we are very encouraged by Cameron's progress lately, he is just such a sweetheart!
xoxo mom and dad

















No comments:
Post a Comment