


That's how the pediatrician described Cameron at our check up last week. We are so pleased to hear that Cameron is indeed thriving!
He weighed in at 13lbs 3 oz and is 24 3/4" - which is great. He's even on the chart for a true 4 month old (albeit in the low end of the percentiles) but the fact that he's even on that chart is great thing.
We also got the report back on the Kidney ultrasound, the dialtion is stable, still at a Grade 2 and his blood work looks good. We are now going to see the pediatrician every month vs every three weeks - another graduation milestone. Cameron will also get the monthly Synagis starting Oct 22nd to ward off RSV hopefully. Mom has had a nasty cold for over a week, and miraculously Cameron has remained healthy (even without the synagis). let's all knock on wood together!!
So it's been a good week for Cameron and we are so happy with all the good reports.
Cameron had a fun weekend with a visit from Annie the Nanny (aka our friend Anna from College) and his buddy Charlie came over with Emily and Jeff. Charlie showed Cameron how to roll over and hold a beer bottle, I don't think Cameron picked it up just yet but he'll get there, well at least the rolling over part I hope!!
On Sunday Dad ran in the Chicago Half Marathon and Cameron and Mom got up at 6am to cheer Dad on! Cameron was very excited about the event! Dad did great, finishing in an hour and 40 minutes - his all time best, we were very proud of him.
Mom has been doing a lot of research on Dandy Walker and we're considering entering a research study at the University of Chicago. One thing I have learned is that it is so often misdiagnosed. I want to make sure that I am the expert on all elements related to Cameron and his situation and to be honest the Dandy Walker thing is something I have just not gotten a full explanation on so that is our next project now that I feel we have the Hydro under control.
Of course we have not been without some sort of drama, Miller sadly had three cluster seizures this past weekend so we had to rush him off to the Vet, he's back at home and ok. They've increased his meds -- I swear if it's not one thing it's another!!!
We have NO Doctor appts this week - it's a miracle!
xoxo Mom and Dad

















2 comments:
I am so glad that he is doing so well! I will continue to pray that he stays healthy as we head into fall and winter! Such a cutie pie!
SUE
Hey hey hey...WOW! Go Matty D. Cameron, you are a little marathon man yourself. Keep skipping those MD appointments and try to wear sunglasses when looking at Annie the Nanny; has she been hitting the tanning beds or what? Big Kiss to Mom, Dad, Cameron and Miller (sorry you don't feel well, pal). XX Auntie Kate and Derek Jeter (go YANKS!)
Post a Comment