
Cameron has been such a good patient these last two days! He survived the “STAR Scanner”, and let’s be honest it was nothing compared to what he’s seen before. They put him in this funny little hat that made him look like a thug (the nurses’ words not mine!) It was over in literally 30 seconds and we had the r
esults 10 min later. Good thing since we waited almost two hours to even see the Doctor. The results of the scan show that Cameron does have some asymmetry in his head shape. Long story (lots of medical jargon that I don’t have the time or patience to explain) short…he is border line for needing a helmet to treat the Plagiocephaly and Torticollis. They want to give him 6-8 weeks to see if we can correct the issues with therapy in hopes of avoiding the helmet. I was very happy to hear this – we have a GOAL! And I am going to work very hard to make this happen!!
We go back Jan 29th for another scan. In the meantime we’ll be working hard with his therapists. We had our first Cranio Sacral Therapy on Wednesday, it went well and was interesting to watch. At times it looked like the therapist was not really doing much, but a lot of this is muscle based and pressure points so it’s hard to really tell what’s going on. I am in the midst of quite a dilemma in light of this goal relative to Cameron’s therapists. I want to make sure we have the very best team working with him, I had been considering a change in our team prior to this, but now that we are working against a deadline so to speak I am more inclined to make a switch – which is weighing heavily on my mind. I won’t get into all of the specifics as I’m sure by the time I finished you all might think I was nuts!
I’ll just ask that everyone says an extra prayer that I find the right answer to the therapy conundrum and that Cameron makes some serious progress in the next few weeks.

















No comments:
Post a Comment