There's no debating that Cameron has a good heart! But now we can confirm he has a HEALTHY heart!!! yeah!!!
The ASD (hole in the heart) has closed up. The EKG and ECHO went off just fine on Tuesday, it was long process but the results could not have been better. He does still have the "trvial aortic regurgitation" but it is "trivial" so they are not overly concerned. We will go back when Cameron is 3 yrs old for another ECHO to see if it's something to continue to monitor or a non-issue. He also still has a murmur but we can officially call it "innocent" as nothing showed up on the ECHO to indicate a cause.
During the ECHO intially Cameron was squirming all over the place they were having a hard time getting image, so after a bottle he started snoozing and so did I nearly the room was so warm and dark!
Today we went to the pediatrician for a check up and Synagis - Cameron HATED the shot, usually he does pretty well, today, not so much. Oh yeah and we got the cultures back from his weekend bout of the Gastro flu - Yes, that's right he got the FLU again over the weekend. The good news is he was not vomiting, just coming out the other end. I wasn't really concerned since we had just been through this, but when there was some questionable fluids (blood and mucous) we placed a call to the Pediatrician. They checked him out on Sunday and we dropped off samples for culture at Children's just to be sure there was not any bacteria. So the cultures came back and he's all good no bacterial infection. His Dr said it's likely Rotavirus, he's improving so that is good.
Unfortunately his weight gain is still not where they would like it to be - he's 16lbs, which puts him in the 5th percentile. Here's my question (and any mom's or Dr's reading feel free to respond). I get it, the 5th percentile is not ideal, but it's not like he's off the chart completely, so is this a real big concern?
I guess they are worried b/c this could be a sign that the diaphragm issue is causing a problem now, as failure to thrive is a sign we are to watch for. Dr. Johnston said he might need to have the surgery sooner than May if the weight does not increase - we'll see. We both agreed he did just have the flu twice so we'll wait till next Month and see if he starts packing on the pounds!
His head circumference, which was the other questionable item from Dec,has increased, not by much but it's up. To be honest the first measurement she took showed no increase, so we tried again and it went up 1/8 - I mean we are talking minute measurments here so I'm not really sure what to think. We'll discuss with Dr. Alden in February. For now I am not going to worry about it.
While the weight thing and the flu thing is of some concern, we are going to focus on the fact that we can pretty much eliminate the Heart from our list of issues which is wonderful!
Mom is off to the Oprah Show tomorrow - a big thanks to her friend Emily for inviting me!!! I can't wait, it will be such a fun day! And I must again thank "Aunt Amy" for taking care of Cameron tomorrow so I can go meet "O"!!!
XOXO
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















2 comments:
Hi
I know a few kids that we are friends with that are in the bottom precentiles and that is just how they have been. I wouldn't stress too much over it!!
Sue
Hey ! I love a good heart (not that we knew Cameron didn't have a good heart). Rory; you should be on oprah; young, strong, mothers! Im going to vote for you and write in. watch me! great news all around. dont worry; height is nothing. play as it lays. we shall see what happens. onward!
Post a Comment