


I am hearing from our loyal viewers that the video won't load? I have been trying to fix this and can't seem to get it right - I'll keep working.
Cameron received his last Synagis dose for the year yesterday - two nasty shots - but it's over!!!
He is gaining weight bit by bit, weighing in at 17lbs, 11oz, which puts him in the 4th percentile for his gestational age. Both the pediatrician and I agreed we're ok with this because he is certainly eating!
His head circumference is a different story - it has not grown since December! To say I am concerned would be a huge understatement. After a very emotional moment in the Dr's office I came back to earth. I could see the concern in the pediatrician's face and although I wanted to run over to Children's that minute and get an MRI we are going to wait till our scheduled MRI on the 26th. In the meantime I am furiously doing any research I can. The concern is we want to make sure Cameron's brain is growing. When I brought this up to Dr. Alden in Feb he was not concerned and changed the Shunt valve to 2.0 - which would increase the amount of fluid in the ventricles to keep them from getting too small. Which in turn I believe would mean his head would start growing - I am no Dr. but this is my thinking. I suppose it's possible it takes more than two months for this to occur. Bottom line is I am expecting many answers from this MRI - from head growth to the spinal cord assessment.
We have 9 Dr. appointments/tests at Childrens between April 25th and June 5th - yes that's right we will be at the hospital every week in May. Hey, at least Cameron had a free month in March! In anticipation of this I am putting together a full progress report so that I can make the best use of our time with the many Dr.'s.
The good news is that Cameron's first birthday is just around the corner! Hard to believe he will be ONE! I feel as though he was just born, it's been a long road, but we have much to celebrate. In between the many appointments I can assure you we will be celebrating.

















1 comment:
I will be praying for answers and good reports from the doctors and peace for Mommy and Daddy!
SS
Post a Comment