Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Two SOUR days...


I am keeping this brief as the last two days have been HELL, I am sorry but it's the truth. We have been at Children's from 9am - 2pm Tues and Wed, and there is not one second of exaggeration in that stmt. I have had it with waiting hours to see these Dr's it's ridiculous. Each day involved torturing Cameron which makes it so hard.
Tues - Kidney US - looks the same, still some fluid but no increase which is good.
CMG - Cameron made it through the torture, even slept a tiny bit during the procedure but once that bladder got full he let us know. Anyhow the really good news is that his bladder function has gotten better, it's not perfect but we'll take better any day!!! He is having some issues with his bowels so we are starting some meds for that. But all in all this made me feel very good about the surgery.
Today we had a 9:30 with the genetics Dr and we saw him at 11:15!!!! Then followed up with a trip to the lab which was jam packed. When they finally called us in for the blood draw we sit down on the chair and there is BLOOD on the arm rest thing UGH!!! Can I just say that I can't wait for the new Children's to open downtown - oh wait that will be in 4 years I guess I better hold my breath.
Anyway it's been two horrible days for Cameron, but sprinkled with good news on the bladder and we'll move on...till next Tuesday.

3 comments:

William & Maureen K. Conway said...

Wow sorry to hear about the rough couple of days. I chalk it up to Matt trying to get Cameron to root for a loosing football team. See it's just pay back. Had he rooted for the packers last weekend then this would have been a cake walk!

All that aside, sounds like a rough week so far. We are praying for you guys and are ironing out details for the trip on the 7th. Hope to see ya then. Cameron you still inspire us all everyday! That smile is infectious.

TTFN!
Will, Maureen and the crew

Barbara said...

Holy Canoli, you had some long days there. I know how frustrating it is to see the clock tick by past your time and try so hard to be patient. I am glad you got a little bit of good news...

I hope you get some well needed rest and the future looks a little brighter today!

Hugs and Kisses,
See you soon,
Barb and Johnny!

K. said...

sorry pals...but listen that is really good news with cameron. sometimes you have to endure hell to get there and to get the kind of positive truth you are searching for. hang in there. xx