


So it's been kind of a blah week, I won't go so far as to say rough because really we know "rough" and this just doesn't qualify in my eyes.
Basically we're going to increase the intensity and frequency of some of Cameron's therapies. I applaud our therapy team for being so on top of things and wanting to get Cameron to be the best he can be. We will now be combining PT and Cranio Sacral Therapy into a co-treatment twice a month and then continue with standard PT and CST + Developmental Therapy individually on the other weeks. We are also increasing Speech Therapy to every week - which I am really happy about because Cameron needs this.
I guess the blahs for me lie in the whole question of walking for Cameron - I know it's going to be later than your average boy and I am fine with this, I asked if walking by his 2nd birthday would be a lofty goal and I realized after saying it that asking this is not fair of me. So I rephrased the question to "Will Cameron walk?" and the therapist said yes. I just need to take the timeline off of all of us and I think he'll do it in his own time just like he does everything. As she said it took Cameron a while to crawl, and now he is an expert crawler doing it in great form.
Time, we just need to take our time, I will repeat this on those blah days :)
So the therapy schedule is now even more jam packed if that was possible but it's all for the right reasons. Here are some fun photos of the last few weeks at home.

















5 comments:
Matt, Rory and Cameron,
You all have great attitudes and are doing a great job. I know it is a bit belated, but I appreciated the Indiana farm pictures!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Much love,
Kimmie
Rory,
You have a good attitude about this. I know its hard to have patience with things like this but you are doing it! Who needs timelines, labels and stuff like that anyway. Our kids have always done it their own way. Why stop now! :-)
I have very happy to hear the answer to your question was "Yes". Not, we will have to see. And the increased therapys is a sign that he is doing so much better. We are up to 6 a week and I know once they start decreasing at this point, he is doing even better.
We have to get together soon. Check out my blog as well. I just posted a little blog about special needs kids! I love my Johnny! Thanks for the pictures as well!
XOXO
Barb
Hey Rory
I haven't commented in awhile but I am keeping up on all of your news via the blog,you all continue to be in my daily prayers!
Sue
take your times!!! raxie; hope you had fun w. larocca picking out a dress. hang in there sis and bro and little cams.xx
Josh is 22 and still doing things at his own pace!!! Things do not change - whether it's sitting up, crawling, talking, walking or getting a job, they all do it in their own time! Can't wait to see you all on Thanksgiving!
Love,
GABBY
Post a Comment