

I was quickly reminded how happy I am that we have been free of visits to Children's for a while after we spent 3 hours there on Dec 4th. I know that 3 hours does not sounds like a long time, and in reality it's not. Unless you are trying to keep an 18 month old occupied and prevent him from crawling all over the nasty hospital floor - this is one of the many reasons I'd love Cameron to be walking. The boy likes to move, and when we keep him from moving he's not happy. Dad and I took turns carting him around trying to distract him. Our noon Kidney US finally took place at 1:15pm - none of us were happy. Our 12:45 Dr appt started at 2:15pm. But looking on the bright side all is well, his kidney is growing and we are in good shape.
Next steps are another US in 6 months, and we'll repeat the CMG test in September to see how is bladder function is going. Really we don't need to do this test but the Dr and I discussed that the CMG was instrumental in confirming the tethered cord diagnosis and therefore I just want to be sure Cameron is doing ok in that arena.
Cameron is doing some very funny stuff these days, if you ask him to "wiggle" he will furiously shake his head back and forth, it's so cute. He learned this trick in his music class and also his favorite show "Jack's Big Music Show" features a song where they wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. With any luck we'll get it on video soon.
He loves to lay on Miller and give him kisses (aka bite him) Miller could not be a better sport about this but we quickly separate the two just to be safe. Remember the rocking horse from last Christmas, well Cameron can officially "rock" himself while sitting in it which is fun and provides a break for Mom because he's stationary. This seldom happens, we spend most of our days chasing Cameron from room to room. He understands the word "No" but certainly does not obey it :)
We are still working on sign language, so far he has mastered "more", "all done", and variations of some other words but nothing concrete. If he sees liquid of any sort he makes an "ahhhh" noise as if he's auditioning for a Sprite commercial or something. We take a drink, he takes a drink it doesn't matter he does it. Mom and Cameron have been battling a cold for the last week so he's become rather proficient with a tissue which is nice to see. We get the feeling he understands a lot, just doesn't have the words yet.
We've got three therapies tomorrow and I'm interested to see how Cameron does in developmental therapy, this will be the first time we've done it without a co-treat of another therapy. I think this will be good and allow Cameron to focus solely on the DT tasks.

Cameron checking out the Christmas Tree

Anytime Cameron gets near our bathroom he puts his fingers in his mouth as if brushing his teeth, here we were introducing him to the sink by using a step stool.
We want to say congrats to two new Mom's out there!!
Anna and Mike had Henry Donald Dudick on Sunday at 10:05am
&
Jenn and Drew had Graham Otto Price today (Tuesday) at 9:08am
We are so happy to have two more healthy baby boys to spoil!!!
xoxo

















2 comments:
Congrats on all the great things! Sorry to hear about the colds those are a drag... I am so glad to hear he is doing so well and the doctor's visits are to a minimum. Maureen and Cameron need to watch Jack's Big Music Show together she could use some guidance on the wiggle and crawling. Congrats to all the new babies too! Exciting times for everyone!
Keep in touch and Nana is on her way to give you some relief hopefully.
Love
Will & Maureen
I know what you mean about the doctors office. Caroline has had an ear infection since mid November, so we have been there alot lately. They seem to touch everything...yucko!
Sue
Post a Comment