
Is taking his duties very seriously, he is learning what it means to be gentle. A rough pat on the head and jamming of the pacifier in Connor's mouth need some tweaking but if you tell Cameron "gentle" he nicely corrects the behavior. He will give Connor a kiss good night and Connor seems to enjoy Cameron most of everyone in the family.
Cameron was waving at Connor and that brought a smile to Connor's face it was really sweet.
We are still working on the walking and I still have no video to share...soon. But I do have video of Cameron using his super duper Walker! He knows exactly what to do and he even has a special parking spot for it in the living room it's pretty funny.
I know everyone says their kid is smart, and Cameron is no exception, speech is lagging but his receptive language is really impressive. If I tell him it's time to change his diaper he often points to the actual bathroom and yesterday went and got the diapers and wipes for me without request. Oh and he's also good at proclaiming "I STINK" it's pretty darn funny.
We saw the urologist and nephrologist (kidney) last week, the kidney continues to grow and his creatinine level is good. The ultrasound of the kidney showed a new potential concern that the kidney might be refluxing which is bad, but they did another ultrasound while we were still there to double check and the cause for concern diminished. We will do another ultrasound in September and the nasty CMG test to be sure everything is as it seems.
My anxiety level shot up when this issue was first raised as a VCUG and surgery were mentioned but for now it appears these things are not on the horizon, but I will feel much better after September's tests.
It's interesting how Dad and Mom react differently to Cameron's health concerns. When Cameron starts throwing up Dad goes into a bit of freak out mode and Mom stays calm, even in the hospital Mom tends to be the calm one and Dad wonders why Cameron is taken off all foods and fears surgery. But when we go to our clinical appointments it's Mom who freaks out, I am still worried about this kidney issue and Dad is telling me it's fine.
I guess it's a good thing we've got each other and don't freak out at the same time :)
Connor is doing really well, he's growing fast and is a good baby, despite his need to constantly be held during the day but we can't complain because he's so darn cute!


















1 comment:
Wow, he is getting quick on that walker! He just keeps improving, that is wonderful!
Mom and Dad have a happy balance when it comes to Camerons concern. That is a good thing believe it or not, it really helps one of you to show a different view and calm the other. Kevin and I tend to be that way with John.
Take care,
XO
Barb
Post a Comment