I really never thought we'd be where we are and on those days when I'm not sure I can do this all again the next day I am going to remember Cameron walking all over the park and loving it! Having two kids within 22 months of each other is hard for anyone, add in Cameron's special needs and let's just say the guilt I feel at times could fill a very large garbage truck.
I feel bad that I can't spend more time focusing on what Cameron needs outside of therapy (aka therapy homework). But I remind myself with as many hours as this boy spends in therapy each week he needs a break to just be a boy and play or walk all over the park for an hour.
Other fun little tidbits about Cameron lately:
- Yesterday he discovered Mustard when I had it on my sandwich so today he had a mustard sandwich for lunch, he licks the mustard off the bread and then eats the bread. Sounds delicious right?
- He knows his colors pretty well, today he was going through our dresser and I asked him to hand me my orange pants. Dad was watching and was doubtful, Cameron dug all the way to the back of the dresser and grabbed them and brought them over to me. During therapy he often will match the colors on various toys without prompting. I don't know when a typically developing child gets their colors down but I am proud that Cameron know his pretty well!
- He loves to say "bye bye" and it's so cute how he says it, he also calls for "DAD" every morning from his crib when he wakes up.
- Every morning we wake up to Cameron and Connor babbling and it's the best wake up call there is! That moment in the morning when your kids wake up and you can hear them in the monitor babbling is one of the best moments in life to me. I want so badly to know what they are talking about. You can just hear the joy in their tones.
- When he sees Dad's car pull in the driveway he screams out "DAD". He is starting to say "Help" &"Out", I love hearing his voice and can't wait to hear more of it!
- He loves raspberries, we discovered we had a raspberry bush in the backyard over the summer and he would go pick them, now I am resorting to buying them in the stores something I always considered a special treat before kids b/c they are so expensive !
Connor is doing great, he is sleeping through the night - what a dream!!! Cameron took over a year. He is such a great baby, I am a little concerned about his development, one of the hazards of all Cameron's therapy history. I've had our PTs take a look at Connor and they think he's doing ok for his corrected age - I am just anxious and would like him to close the gap. We will discuss at our next pediatrician appointment.
Next Tuesday we have our appointments for the CMG, kidney ultrasound and urology - hopefully there will be no issues. I am a bit anxious given our last visit and not looking forward to putting Cameron through the torture that is the CMG - poor guy.
We'll update with any news on the kidney front next week. thanks for reading!



CAMERON AND HIS COUSIN MAUREEN WHO CAME FOR A VISIT!

















5 comments:
Rory - your post brought tears to my eyes. Tears of joy. You should be so proud, Mama! We're all rooting for you and the gang and hope you have many many more walks in the park.
We hope to see you soon!
Love, Kristin & Wade
That is soooooo awesome that Cameron is walking!!! Those are the kind of moments where time stands still...I bet Cameron will be enjoying his new freedom:)
Take care,
Bill, Kristin & Ryan
GOOD NEWS- GOOD NEWS. LET CAMERON
KNOW WHEN GRANDPA DOMINICK COMES IN NOV. HE WILL TAKE HIM FOR LOTS
OF WALKS IN THE PARK, AND BE VERY
PROUD. GIVE THE BOYS HUGS AND KISSES FROM ME AND PAT.
Great post...great news!! That is so great about him walking so well and from a mother of a three year old and two year old..knowing your colors at two is way ahead of most kids!!
Sue Simpson
Wow great pics and good stuff. It was awesome to be with you guys this weekend. I know Maureen had fun. I need to send you a better pic of the two of them taming the sheep!
Take care see ya soon hopefully!
Cameron and Connor are nothing short of amazing.
Post a Comment