Cameron has a new word...
NO!
It was really cute when he first said it on Thanksgiving. Now, it's kind of, not so cute. But it's a new word and we'll take it.
He also can say "Bath", which is always cute.
Along the same topic of NO, that's how I feel right now. Cameron stopped walking on Tuesday, we are pretty sure it's due to a small tumble in therapy that morning, but not 100% sure. So after PT that afternoon showed no signs of tenderness, swelling etc. we decided to let him rest overnight and hope for the best. But Wednesday morning same thing, won't walk and when he would try he would crumble to the floor, not in pain, so it's really weird. So after many dicussions Tues and Wed with Nicole the most wonderful and amazing PT from Children's (she helped diagnosis the tethered cord). She got us in with one of the Orthopaedic Dr's at Children's so we could avoid the ER nightmare. I love her!!!!
X-Rays, discussions and we are left thinking it's a toddler's fracture. Which is beyond frustrating because these often do not show up on x-ray. Good news, they ruled out a mass, tumor, or infection in the hip. But there was a discussion about is it something with the shunt, retethering of the spinal cord? I hate that damn shunt sometimes, it causes so many questions!!! Of course, it also saves Cameron so I can't REALLY hate it.
It's just so frustrating when there are so many other things going on with Cameron, a simple fracture, could actually be something else.
I left the Dr's office yesterday without a cast on Cameron. I asked him what to do and he gave me the option to wait till Friday to see if there is improvement or just do it then. In hindsight I clearly should have casted him. He is still not walking, and when I put his AFOs (leg support braces) on he will at least try to walk which tells me a cast would help him.
Tomorrow morning Cameron will go back to Children's and get a cast, for three weeks. Merry Christmas :)
I have to say that seeing Cameron crawling again is breaking my heart, he can walk and I want to see him do it again. Not to mention carrying a 28lb boy around is exhausting.
I am pretty sure we are dealing with a fracture but I won't be able to feel 100% about this until I see him walk again on his own.
So our Christmas wish is for Cameron to get better - FAST!

















1 comment:
Oh my... my heart hurts for you and this setback. When are things going to be fair for you and for him?? it's just not right that he should have to deal with this now too. Hopefully the cast will be no prob, and he'll get it off and be walking again in no time.
Post a Comment