Maybe she knows the answers to all of our questions? Wouldn't that be nice! I am sure you are wondering what on earth I am talking about...
Cameron LOVES Max & Ruby, he is now acting out some of his favorite parts of the show. Calling Ruby's friend "Louise" is one of his regular past times. It's hilarious, because when you think about it "Louise" is a kind of funny name to hear a 3 year old say. Although Grandma Randi would certainly appreciate it, as it is her middle name :) The other day Cameron acted out this entire episode where Max & Ruby keep missing the bus, he was running to and from the window, checking his "schedule" for the next bus. We love to see this part of Cameron developing, because he really doesn't do a lot of "pretend" play which we've talked about in his therapies. Not to mention it's just funny to see him develop this little personality.
He has also had a word "explosion" it is amazing to hear his vocabulary and not have to rely on pictures to communicate. I recall hearing from someone that a lot changes as they get closer to 3 and he could make some really big leaps, I was like yeah, yeah....and wow, he really is talking...in more than two word combinations - we are hearing some actual phrases and sentences, it's so great. We are less than a month away from his IEP (Individualized Education Plan) with the School and the end of Early Intervention. We are focusing all of our efforts on this transition vs. dealing with more Dr. appointments. It's a relief to know that we aren't due back at Children's until the end of May.
Although we are nervous and stressed about this transition process I think Cameron is going to love school. He asks me at least once a day "Cameron go to school" , he watches all the neighborhood kids walk to school and then we go over to the school/park and he tries to open all the doors to get into the school. I keep telling him just a few more months.
We have come "down" from the tense Dr. drill of the last month and are busy monitoring Cameron's input/output, who knew I'd be doing excel spreadsheets with the title "Cameron Output 2009", this is what I went to college for, really.
I called the Dr. last week to give them the update on his progress, well they have not called me back, let's just say I am not rushing to call them again as I anticipate we'll be going the suppository route, which by the way, apparently many of our readers have experienced the joy of giving them to their children.
Also thanks for all the "shriner" contacts, big help, we really appreciate everyone that reached out to us.
Connor is doing great, he is walking all over the place and is generally such a great baby, well I guess he's not really a baby anymore :( Our PT today asked, "How premature was he again?" Two months - it's amazing we both agreed and how he is just sailing along, let's hope it remains that way for years and years to come. He does this great "dance" whenever he hears music. Basically bobs his head back and forth, it's so funny, we literally can't help from laughing out loud. He also has a future in eating contests we are convinced. The boy ate 5, yes 5 pancakes on Sunday morning!! (yes they were "silver dollar pancakes, but still!) .
I have tried to capture the "calling of Louise" and "Connor Dance" on video below.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















2 comments:
Your boys are darlings!! We love the videos... keep 'em coming!
HI.. you left a comment about muvee software?? But you didn't leave an email?? feel free to reply to this comment and I'll send the email to the muvee software folks they'll be happy to help you!!
Carissa (@carissarogers on twitter)
Post a Comment