Thursday, January 05, 2012

Cameron Rocks On.

Happy New Year!
Wishing all of our "followers" time to enjoy all of life's blessings in 2012. There is not a day that I don't count our MANY blessings.


January usually weighs heavily on our family, Cameron is always due for a slew of 6 month check ups and our health insurance deductibles, out of pockets and so forth all go back to zero.

Well this January is different, sure the doctor visits don’t change but this year we don’t have the added stress of the financial woes. This is a blessing for which we will never be able to express enough gratitude.

Our blessings in friends, family and complete strangers who gave to our family through the Cameron Can event in March 2011 are many. Each one of you is special and will never be forgotten.

Despite the many obstacles Cameron faced last year the highlight was by far the creation of The Cameron Can Foundation.

As we look to 2012 and the future of the Cameron Can Foundation we are beyond excited to fulfill our mission to build a continuing legacy of care for families who fall into the gap where financial assistance through typical channels is not an option, even though they are struggling to pay mounting medical bills.

When our friends came to us with the idea of a fundraiser in 2010 I'll admit I was very nervous and very embarrassed that we had become a "charity case." Ironically back in 2006 soon after Cameron was born some of these same friends suggested a fundraiser to help us, I said “No thank you, we have insurance we’ll be fine. “At that early stage I had no idea what we were up against and I am forever grateful to these same friends for seeing a need and answering it.

Cameron Can all started with one friend with a heart of gold in Riverside, who began a campaign to help us and it took off from there with seven dear friends creating an amazing event that changed our lives forever! So I thank all of you who had their hand in this again and again. You are a true blessing to me, Matt, Cameron and Connor.

I shared with the Cameron Can Board last year we would only feel comfortable accepting the financial help if we could create a foundation to honor Cameron’s legacy and what our family has faced, because I know we are not alone.

We are blessed. And I want to be certain we carry this legacy forward, help another child, further Hydrocephalus research and give back to the hospital that is our second home, and will be for at least 15 more years.

I ask you all to Save the Date and continue to be a part of Cameron’s legacy! Join us March 15th for what promises to be another grand event. Rock On!

• PS if you have anyone who would like to become a Sponsor or donate a Silent Auction item please direct them to www.cameron-can.com



1 comment:

B Murphy said...

Wow.that is beautiful!