Last week officially holds the therapy record! We saw 4 different therapists - OT, PT, ST and the special PT for Cranio Sacral therapy.
The Cranio Sacral Therapist (CST) did an assessment and Cameron is falling in the 3-4 month old range for many areas and in the 1 month old range for Stationary movement. They consider him 4 mos adjusted right now and he's almost 7mos corrected. He has low muscle tone in his trunk and high muscle tone in his arms. We're still working hard on the rolling over bit, but he's making progress.

With so many different therapists it gets rather difficult at times to keep it all straight. I have a "therapy" notebook to track our work from each session. One therapist will see him touch his toes and bring his knees up, and the next day someone else notes he is not doing this - I am the only one who sees everything so I have to do my best to try and keep everyone "connected".
We are going to add CST officially to the plan, so Cameron will get PT, OT & CST once a week and Speech will continue once a month. There was some talk of getting Cameron in to see a physiatrist at the Rehabilitation Instititue of Chicago. As some of you know I used to do advertising and marketing work for RIC, so it's hard to believe I might actually be using there services. It's an amazing institution, I recall every day I walked in there for a meeting I walked out with a new appreciation for my physical abilities.
Despite the many visits this week, Cameron is doing ok, I am anxious to get the developmental therapist in to do a 6mo evaluation to see where we stand in terms of big picture.
In other news Cameron is officially teething
! After one day of pure agony, tears for about 7 hours he seems to be adjusting. I have not seen any actual teeth sprouting? But there is enough drool to fill a small bath tub. He gums at just about anything he can, poor guy.We are headed off to Glenview tomorrow for the "STAR Scanner" visit....we'll see what that brings.
xoxo


















3 comments:
could that first picture be ANY cuter? I doubt it! cameron is adorable! it's amazing! Lots of therapy. whoa! you guys have my constant admiration. pleaes keep us all updated on Cameron's progress. I love reading and seeing his smiling, handsome face. xx
What a smile! ... and such a flirt! Keep up with the therapy journal - it's a great idea. I'm sure Cameron is loving the Christmas lights!
Love you! XOXO
Well well well... it looks like everything is moving along little man! I hope you had fun with your guys weekend as mom and us celebrated your great grandfather's 90th birthday!
Everything sounds to be going ok. I am just so happy you are a happy baby...man that drool rivals a st. bernard though!
We can't wait to see you next weekend!
Love ya xoxoxo
Will, Jessie, & Anneliese
Post a Comment