Well I don't know where the last three years have gone, but I honestly can't belive our little guy is 3.
3 means a lot in our world:
- Cameron is now done with Early Intervention
- Cameron will start summer school in June for one month
- Cameron will ride a bus to school (SCARY!!!)
- Cameron will walk to school across the street in September (yippee!!)
- Cameron is now in a big boy bed (mixed emotions on this one!)
- Cameron was officially discharged from Caridology this week after the ECHO showed no leakage and the PFO likely closed (not 100%) but they feel safe to discharge him!!!!
- Cameron is often speaking in 3-4 word phrases now such as the following conversation he and I shared today:
Cameron was playing with some oxygen tubing left behind from Nana's recent stay with us.
(Brief pause in the story: my mother recently had a heart attack after a routine surgery, as a result she is now on oxygen at night. She is doing better and we are VERY grateful she's with us here today!)
Ok back to the Cameron story...so he's playing with the tubes and says
"medicine in Nana's room"
Me: "Cameron they took the machine with the medicine away today"
Cameron: "I need medicine"
Me: "Why, are you sick?" (he has been sick for the last two weeks)
Cameron: "yes"
Me: "what's wrong?"
Cameron: "Bad case of the sniffles"
I nearly lost it, it was so darn cute. He is exhibiting his independence more and more and I swear the day he turned three he became much more difficult! I don't subscribe to the "Terrible Twos" theory, but the "Terrible Threes" I am backing 1000%.
In the last three weeks I have shed far more tears than I ever expected, the transition out of Early Intervention was pretty emotional - saying goodbye to many of our therapists who have been a part of our weekly life for the last year was sad.
Te advocate side of me kicked in for the actual IEP meeting and let me just say I am SO glad that process is over. All now said and done we are pleased with the outcome of the IEP meeting and the plans for the next 3-6 months.
Cameron starts summer school in June,and yes,he will ride the bus with an AIDE to the school as it's about 20 minutes away. I still can't even fathom the idea of seeing that bus pull away from our house with my Baby Cameron on board without me!!! I may need a stiff drink and a support group scheduled for that day!
Most important is that I know Cameron is going to LOVE this experience, so I will focus on his emotions rather than mine!
We had a nice quiet Birthday celebration at home on Friday night, pizza, cake and a few presents. See video below for highlights of how far he has come.
I had a funny moment the other day that I had to share, this is how you know you are the mother of a child with special needs.
I got a call from another Mom asking if I had received the invite to the "Sensory Experience" tomorrow night in Oak Park starting at 7pm. I am racking my brain who is this person, is she a therapist? Is she a friend of one of our therapists? She's talking about "Sensory" so it must be something in our "medical/therapy" world.
In any event I had to politely decline as we had a full day already planned of a Dr. appt at Children's (NIGHTMARE that I am not going dwell on for his bday post) and then Afternoon speech therapy. I felt a little guilty as I thought maybe I should find a way to go to learn more about the sensory end of things with Cameron.
- Cameron is often speaking in 3-4 word phrases now such as the following conversation he and I shared today:
Cameron was playing with some oxygen tubing left behind from Nana's recent stay with us.
(Brief pause in the story: my mother recently had a heart attack after a routine surgery, as a result she is now on oxygen at night. She is doing better and we are VERY grateful she's with us here today!)
Ok back to the Cameron story...so he's playing with the tubes and says
"medicine in Nana's room"
Me: "Cameron they took the machine with the medicine away today"
Cameron: "I need medicine"
Me: "Why, are you sick?" (he has been sick for the last two weeks)
Cameron: "yes"
Me: "what's wrong?"
Cameron: "Bad case of the sniffles"
I nearly lost it, it was so darn cute. He is exhibiting his independence more and more and I swear the day he turned three he became much more difficult! I don't subscribe to the "Terrible Twos" theory, but the "Terrible Threes" I am backing 1000%.
In the last three weeks I have shed far more tears than I ever expected, the transition out of Early Intervention was pretty emotional - saying goodbye to many of our therapists who have been a part of our weekly life for the last year was sad.
Te advocate side of me kicked in for the actual IEP meeting and let me just say I am SO glad that process is over. All now said and done we are pleased with the outcome of the IEP meeting and the plans for the next 3-6 months.
Cameron starts summer school in June,and yes,he will ride the bus with an AIDE to the school as it's about 20 minutes away. I still can't even fathom the idea of seeing that bus pull away from our house with my Baby Cameron on board without me!!! I may need a stiff drink and a support group scheduled for that day!
Most important is that I know Cameron is going to LOVE this experience, so I will focus on his emotions rather than mine!
We had a nice quiet Birthday celebration at home on Friday night, pizza, cake and a few presents. See video below for highlights of how far he has come.
I had a funny moment the other day that I had to share, this is how you know you are the mother of a child with special needs.
I got a call from another Mom asking if I had received the invite to the "Sensory Experience" tomorrow night in Oak Park starting at 7pm. I am racking my brain who is this person, is she a therapist? Is she a friend of one of our therapists? She's talking about "Sensory" so it must be something in our "medical/therapy" world.
In any event I had to politely decline as we had a full day already planned of a Dr. appt at Children's (NIGHTMARE that I am not going dwell on for his bday post) and then Afternoon speech therapy. I felt a little guilty as I thought maybe I should find a way to go to learn more about the sensory end of things with Cameron.
Once I hung up I looked up the Evite, which I did recall receiving but I just passed it by with all the craziness of late. So this "SENSORY Experience" was a jewelry and Mary Kay party at a local restaurant!!! Imagine if I had showed up there tomorrow night all messy from a busy day, Cameron notebook and pen in hand - they would have been like this woman needs some serious help and MaryKay is not going to cut it!
Oh to be a mom who is over "therapied" .....
Happy Birthday Cameron you are THREE and you are the best gift in the world to us!
xoxxoxox

















1 comment:
GREAT video!
Happy third birthday, Cam!!
This is a very exciting time. :)
Post a Comment