Saturday, January 27, 2007

A nasty bug...


has been living in Cameron's tummy for the last two weeks! I am crossing my fingers as I write this - But I think it's on it's way out the door! thank goodness!!!
The poor guy has had diarreah for two weeks and low grade fevers on and off. I have not posted about any of this, because to be honest I don't think anyone really wants to read about what's going on each diaper change! When the blood returned we put another call into the pediatrician and they thought maybe it was a milk protein allergy. I was told to go off of dairy, as I am still nursing. Also we were to switch his formula for any supplementing to this super expesnive hypo allergenic formula.

Let me just tell you after 48 hours, I needed some cheese!!! I love dairy and I will do just about anything for Cameron but this is where I draw the line! Ha ha! Oh and by the way dairy is in just about everything we eat, and I just didn't have the time or patience to become this obsessive label reader and creating a special diet for myself.

Seriously though I have spent days and days researching this, discussing it with all sorts of experts and I am going with my gut here and decided it was just a really bad bug that got his intestines all out of sorts. So I am back on the dairy (although I have not had any actual straight milk).

And we've only had one "blow out" today which is a vast improvement from where we've been!

I am sure some of you are saying, you know maybe I didn't need to know all of this - trust me I have spared you the details of my daily journal that logs every single "move" this boy has made over the last two weeks.

We did start Cameron on some oatmeal, after he shunned the Rice Cereal - he is making some good progress each day with the spoon feeding. We've been told to wait a while before introducing any new foods to be sure we get the "bug" under control.

Oh and YEAH Bears!! Dad is off to the Superbowl next weekend - lucky guy! Cameron and Mom will be relaxing at home. We welcome any and all visitors!!!

Xoxo

1 comment:

K. said...

hi there. i hope the bug has come and done. matty; sorry about da' bears. i was looking for all the ways they could make it work. stay warm in the cold, chilly wind city! cuddle up cameron!
xx auntie kate.