Monday, February 05, 2007

We'll save the helmet for his first bike ride!




We are happy to deliver some more good news, Cameron saw Dr. Vicari (plastic surgeon) today to assess the progress on his head shape and plagiocephaly. He was pleased with his progress and asked me how I felt about his head shape. I am fine with it, not only do I see an improvement, so do many of his therapists. With this in mind we are not going to be pursuing a helmet to help shape Cameron's head. This just goes to show how hard Cameron has been working and how wonderful all of his therapists are!

He was quite the flirt with this nurse, it was so cute!!

I must admit the frigid temps this weekend made Cameron and I very jealous of Dad in sunny and warm Miami. Too bad he couldn't bring home a Bear's victory!!

We had a wonderful visit from Grandpa and Grandma Ellen on Sunday. Cameron got his first taste of frosting on the "Go Bears" cake they brought. It was pretty funny, I don't even think he realized what it was. Really he seems fine with his oatmeal these days. He's making some really good progress, taking at least one meal a day of oatmeal. We are working to increase this and slowly introduce other foods.

Saturday night Aunt Amy came over to keep us company and fed Cameron his oatmeal and enjoyed bath time!

I do believe the 'bug' has left the building! And after a little experiment of my own I think part of the culprit is the new Hypoallergenic formula the Dr's wanted us to try,...we'll see how he progresses.

While we wish the Bear's had won, Cameron is doing very well these days and that's great news. We've got a review with a Developmental therapist later this week and next week if full of appointments...
- Our Early Intervention 6 month meeting with all the therapists to review his overall service plan and progress to date
- PT, OT, ST and CST
- Synagis and a visit to the pediatrician

Hopefully we'll have anoter positive report on all fronts!
xoxo stay warm!!!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Great news! I wish Caroline had those shots in a way, she now has caught RSV from Matthew, despite my best efforts at keeping him and his germs away from her! I am glad Cameron is getting the shots, its a nasty virus, very scary!
Wish we had a chance to see you on Sat night, maybe this spring!

SUE

K. said...

brrr...cameron ! record breaking chills. (mattie, sorry about da' bears). lovie will be back. meanwhile, don't touch the peyton jersey even though im happy for auntie jen. most excellent news on going without the helmut and cameron's continuation of fighting the good fight! could not be more thrilled and continue to pray and send all my love.