
I decided it was time to encourage Spring to makes it's way to Chicago by changing the look of the Blog! We all need something new and fresh every now and again right !!!
Let me know if you don't like the new format and I'll find another one :)
March is here and that means only 1 Dr appointment for us - YEAH!!! Monday at the NICU clinic was enough to put Mom and Cameron over the edge. We spent over 3 hours there all so they could tell me Cameron is delayed in his Gross Motor Skills - which we already know. I understand the NICU clinic is a way to ensure patients don't fall through the cracks and for them to compile data on NICU babies, but keeping an infant in a room for 3 hours and expecting him to "perform" at irregular intervals without any nap is just ridiculous.
My attempts to discuss his weight gain with them were useless, since somehow between one therapist coming into the room and leaving the room she "lost" his chart. I talked to his pediatrician and we're just going to see where he is in two weeks for our regularly scheduled Synagis Appt vs. us making a special trip in there next week .
That's all for now! xox mom and dad

















5 comments:
I totally know what you mean about the testing...when Matthew had his speech tested they also test all your developmental skills. They would test things like could he stack five blocks in a rown and if he did't they acted like.." Well, he only stacked two, so that isn't where he should be." I simply said, "Well, he throws blocks at his newborn sister so he doesn't really play with them. Its all relative and I do think they are looking for the "falling through the crack" babies! Sorry for the long comment, its annoying though.
Sue
Love the new look of the blog. It's very 'Rory' :)
I know it's been hard to listening to the docs & nurses all the time lately....they only see Cam for a few minutes and they just don't know what an awesome kid he growing up to be (way too fast already!), how much fun he is, and how he tackles every challenge that comes his way! I'm guessing it's becuase his Mom & Dad are pretty awesome too.
Love,
Crazy Aunt Amy & Uncle Big Mike
hi there; i love the new look. green is a nice colour for spring and it compliments skin tone. good work. and good work to cameron. i was never a good test taker and i consider myself somewhat creative and interesting; so im not always so interested in what sciene has to say because its not always so creative. cheers to cameron and his brilliant efforts to strike the forces that be. xx kate d.
ps i love cam's rosy red cheeks; they look like baby shiloh's. or maddox or one of the jolie-pitts recent nola snap. xx
more spring cleaning, mom! (when you have a chance) :) I miss the news so much!
Post a Comment