Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day! *UPDATED*


I could not resist this little hunk!!! He is ready for Valentine's Day in his bday suit!
It is still snowing here and we are off to the pediatrician this afternoon for some Synagis and a check up and my list of questions. I'll send an update with any breaking news, but for now enjoy this cutie pie!
UPDATE:
We just returned from the Dr. I wish I could say we have good news, now I won't go so far as to say we have BAD news...but it's not the report we had hoped for.

Cameron still is not gaining enough weight and his head circ is not growing. He now weighs 16lbs 5 oz, this up 5 oz from last month, but under the 5%. The Dr. and I agreed to do another weight check in 2 weeks to see if it changes, if not we'll likley be going to see Dr. Reynolds to check on his diaphragm and see if that is the reason for the slow weight gain. Now, I did speak with one of my lactation consultants about this a few weeks ago and she said that breast fed babies do gain weight at a slower rate, so I am not entirely sure this is something to be overly concerned about - but we will of course err on the side of caution given his situation.
Head Circumference has not changed since last month and in the past two months it has only grown 1/8" - we are not sure why but the Dr. said he would need a CT scan, lucky for us (note the sarcasm in my voice!!) we are already getting one next week prior to seeing Dr. Alden. So we'll see what the story is there. The concern is that we need to make sure his brain is growing. The scan should tell us something in terms of his white matter vs. grey matter.
Cameron also gets a weird rash when he nurses, the pediatrician saw this first hand and think it's odd so we're going to get some blood work down to rule out any allergies.
Oh, and the hip issue has resurfaced, after two months of therapy everyone is still a bit concerned and so is the pediatrician, so we are going to get a second opinion as something is "not right" words from the Dr.

In other news we have the green light to begin adding fruits and veggies to his diet, how exciting he'll get more than oatmeal!! hmmm....what should we give him first?? :)

I am not really too concerned with the weight gain issue, but I am worried about his head circumference. We'll see what we learn next week, it can't get here soon enough in my opinion!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Praying that everything turns out fine with the head circum situation! Thinking of you guys alot! Hope you had a fun bday get together last weekend. Elizabeth said it was fun!
SUE