Monday, June 25, 2007

Bed Rest is almost over...



Ok so I've done this bed rest thing before, and I'll be honest I hated it the first time. Now that Cameron has been on bed rest for over a week, which essentially means I am too between the hours of 7am -7pm, well, we are both over the whole thing!!!

The good news is Cameron is doing really well. Today we made a quick trip to the hospital to have the nurse check his wound, as it was looking rather swollen and after two phones calls to the resident on call over the weekend we needed to ease our mind that everything was ok. It is.
Yes, it's a bit swollen but they are not too concerned right now. We see Dr. Bowman on Thursday for our post-op check.

I wanted to share all the fun stuff Cameron has been doing lately:
- He can now eat solid foods and a whole bunch of them! We are so happy with his progress. Strawberries, chicken, crackers, corn - he's pretty much into everything. He still needs to pack on the pounds he is 18lbs and still under the 5th percentile but we are not worried. We will continue to load him up with food. And he has now graduated from formula to whole milk - well he really likes 1/2 and 1/2, it's a step in the right direction.

- He loves music and in particular seems to be a big Maroon 5 fan, specifically the new song "Makes Me Wonder" I think it's called. It's hilarious he starts clapping and smiling when he hears it.

- Cameron can now wave, and not just the "one finger wave" some of you have seen. He's a five finger waver and it's adorable.

- He's still combat crawling, I'll be anxious to see how this changes once he's free to roam about later this week.

It's nice to report on his many accomplishments instead of just the medical stuff!! Oh and July is shaping up to be a DR. free month - Yahoo!!!

Thanks again for everyone's gifts, meals, love and support.
xoxo
mom and dad

1 comment:

K. said...

shoot! i wish i were in town; i would cook you some mexican food.!! cameron is quite a sport; seriously what a chap! i mean; he digs contemporary pop like his mom; already has a brick in his name at the cubbies and will soon be having a sip of his first beer with auntie kate (and uncle nico); finally legitimate! seriously guys, love you and continue the amazing progress and faith you have had from day one. x d.