Thursday, June 16, 2011

Post Surgery

Sorry for the delay, but we're exhausted.
Cameron came through surgery well, they put in a new valve and catheter. Only time will tell if this will work, and by time I mean days, weeks or months. My hope is months. Even if we can get just 6 good months that's fine with me.

If we find ourselves in the situation as the past 10 days, then we will discuss another surgery that has more risks involved, it's actually the surgery he had at 3 weeks old. ETV.
And then there is another even more rare option to add another valve in his chest.

I'll explain all this more in another post. For now we had hoped to be bringing Cameron home today, but he's been on/off with a fever all day and night. I think he and I slept a combined 3 hours last night. We had a donut together at 4am, that was fun.

It's just after 6pm and I left the hospital for the first time since Monday morning. Matt is on duty and because Cameron is now with a fever over 102 we are moved to room 327 - bed 2.
Matt just helped Cameron through some blood work (more sticks!) and catheter for urine (different than the catheter in his head, but same idea). Cameron hates this, but we have to try and find the source of this fever.

Pray for a source and NOT infection as that will lead us down a whole different, very nasty path.

No comments: