We're back....
A brief update:
We are in room 321 bed 2 or 5 I can't tell. It's the step down neuro icu so there are no walls, only curtains and 5 others in the room.
In all seriousness, we know the constant care room well and some of our favorite nurses have stopped by. We even got to see Cameron's physical therapist who went on maternity leave in Feb. Cameron loves her, and she is seriously the ONLY person who has gotten so much as a smirk out of him.
Unfortunately Cameron is not getting better, he has been asleep since 11am, with a brief awake period when they blew a vein putting the IV in.
As I type this is heart rate is dipping below 70 repeatedly and so the loud alarms are going off. The plan is to page dr bowman once we get the bolus complete. She's out of town till tomorrow so if surgery is going to happen, which looks all but certain, we want to wait for her.
I spoke with dr smith, the neurosurgery resident at length, he's good. I like him and he's cute. Usually the cute ones are assholes, not this one.
Once I review all our questions with bowman I will send a more detailed update on what the problem seems to be. For now I just hope he will wake up soon and show us some sign of improvement.
Thanks for all the well wishes.
inpatient until then?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Sent from my iPad
On Jun 13, 2011, at 11:48 AM, rory.dominick@gmail.com wrote:
We do not have an acute malfinction. They are getting Bowman on the phone and recommending we be admitted to be sure he does not deteriorate and try to get some improvement?. Not sure when we will talk to Bowman but it will be before a likely surgery on Wednesday. We may be inpatient until then.
We are back in the ER. Bad night and rough morning of vomiting. Waiting for MRI and shunt series.
Heart rate is low they are concerned he actually might be malfunctioning this time.
Will update once we have results. As of last Friday Bowman's office had suggested Surgery this Wednesday. But we want to discuss this suggestion in detail first. I will try to update blog later.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Monday, June 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment