Cameron is such the fighter, he amazes us with his strength. He went down to surgery at noon and into the OR just before 1pm when we said our goodbyes. It was terrifying but he came out just great!
The Neurosurgeon did the Third Ventricularostomy - the preferred option vs the shunt, success rate is 50/50. The Dr would like to give it 2 weeks to determine if the surgery was successful. it's possible prior to that he would show signs that it's not working but we are hoping to get through the next two weeks just as well as he is doing now. His breathing tube was removed right after surgery and he's been doing great with breathing on his own - we really could not ask for more at this point.
Thanks for all the prayers and support - we are exhausted and we'll post more details and some photos tomorrrow. xoxo mom and dad
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















3 comments:
Good work Cameron! Keep fighting! Mom, dad and I are coming to see you this weekend and I can't wait.
What great news, what a little champ he is, I will continue to pray that he heals perfectly and that its a success!
Keep it up dude. I know your Dad is out there today running hard for you! Happy Father's Day Matt. Great job Cameron. You know I will tell you the story of how we almost had the same name when you get older and I can steal you away from mom and dad and go bar hopping!
Keep it up little man.
Post a Comment